css

Most Popular

10 Reasons to get the Jabra Elite 65T - Review

I'd been looking for a pair of in ear buds for quite a while. I had pretty specific requirements.

  1. The earbuds must fit well and can be worn for extended periods of time.
  2. They do not look too stupid sitting in my ears.
  3. The batter lasts for at least 4 to 5 hours.
  4. Easy controls on the earbuds themselves.
  5. They did not fall out during exercising.
  6. Earbuds that sounded great. Good bass but not overwhelming as some Beats earbuds can be.
  7. A carrying case that fit easily in my pocket.
  8. Have great microphones for endless conference calls.
  9. Keep the din of an open office environment at bay. 
  10. And last but definitely not least, they had to have pass through sound. More on that later.

Jabra Elite 65T ear buds
The Jabra Elite 65T seemed to fit the bill from everything I had read about them and the initial reviews. More on that later too.

The Verdict is In - Bottom line?
They are great. 


So I bought a pair about 4 months ago (In August 2018). I can say that they exceeded my expectations in most areas.

I find I can wear them for 2-3 hours at a time without removing them in an open office environment. On the do they look stupid in my ears front, I'd have to say somewhat. But hey, they look bettern than the white goo coming out of folks ears with Apple AirPods.


Battery
The battery does indeed last almost 5 hours and the case charges them very quickly.

Controls
The controls are the weakest point in my opinion. Which is not to say that they are bad, I just find them more difficult to use than I had hoped. Enabling pass through sound and pausing music work great. Getting the left bud to connect is a little more dicey but ONLY if it's taken out later after the right one is already connected. I think this is user error however.

Performance
These things sound fantastic. I mean they sound very even, controlled an full. No boomy bass or harsh treble. They just have a very natural, smooth sound I can listen to for hours. The microphones do a very good job of blocking out noisy neighbors and when I've asked, calls I'm on people comment that sound is great. They also do a great job of passively blocking sound from the aforementioned noisy co-workers. The carrying case is functional. It would be nice if it was magnetic but that has not been an issue.

Pass through sound
This has been one of my favorite features. A quick double tap on the right ear bud let's sound in from the outside whose volume can be controlled in the app. The sound is not totally natural sounding but it does allow me to speak with co-workers without removing the Jabra Elite 65t's from my ears.

Exercising
They have never fallen out. Period. I have been on 15 mile bike rides with them in and pass through sound engaged and not only do they stay in, but the sound of approaching cars is very clear and distinct. There is some wind noise at higher speeds but nothing too bothersome.

Bottom line
I would highly recommend these to anyone for the uses I've described above. Especially my Apple loving friends who think those weird ear drops they are wearing make them look cool.

One last thing
Looking at reviews on Amazon I see they have dropped to 3.5 stars from the 4 stars they used to have. It appears that many of the bad reviews deal with buds dying an early death and unresponsive customer service. I've not experienced this with mine. I could be lucky, or it could be I treat them pretty carefully.

Hey, if you like this review you'll be glad to know that we might make a small commission from Amazon from your purchase. Cheers, TSG.




No comments:

Popular Posts